Wednesday, January 22, 2014

"Are You Scoopin' It?!?"


Picture courtesy of Meister Shake
For the past 2 - 3 years, I have been friends with 4 guys I met by accident. I've talked about the great Howie Decker & his equally great teammates, Joe Zicari, Chris Tanski, and Corey Chapman and their website for the children of the 80s, www.underscoopfire.com. They run this website that started more about 80s culture and have become a haven for the geek related news. They also do a podcast which is more or less bi-weekly (sometimes bi-monthly, but I don't hold that against them) with every subject from Saved By The Bell (ALL A DREAM #spoileralert) to what stuff to look forward to in the year. I consider them the best group of guys ever.

Back in 2012, I got to join in on a podcast, but not with them. They have a following of fans and one invited me to got to RetroCon, a convention near Philly that features the stuff Generation X grew up with from the 70s, 80s, & 90s. (http://retrocons.com/) Brian "Hail Mary" Morin got us there, then after walking around a bit, we sat down with another Underscoopfire fan, Meister Shake. We then recorded this podcast, http://underscoopfire.com/podcast-53-retrocon/ (parental guidance is advised) I had a blasty-blast recording it and I could not wait to do it again some day.

Well, this past Sunday night, I was invited to join in with Corey, Tank, and Joe for a podcast recording. They are in the 80s in number of episodes, which they take a specific year and that is the episode number. We talked about 1986. Everything was nearly discussed, the good and the bad. I was a little unprepared, but I still had a great time. I can't wait til the episode is posted!


Tank, Corey, & Howie at this years Retrocon.
There you have it. If you get the chance, give them a listen, follow Underscoopfire on Twitter and Facebook, and bookmark their website. Make sure if you comment on any of their posts, tell them Lamar the Revenger sent ya! Catch you on the flipside!!

Next Time: Cat Fun! Room of Doom! My Precious Has Been Lost!
 


1 comment:

Hail Mary said...

Awesome! I can't wait to hear it.